Lyme is a very complicated and complex disease. There is currently no known vaccine or 100% cure to completely eradicate the horrible bacteria that lives inside our body. When a person is diagnosed with Lyme it can be devastating and the person can become bombarded with so many treatments. It is imperative that a newly diagnosed patient seek professional help from a doctor that is knowledgeable with Lyme Disease.
Below are a few of my recommendations for a newly diagnosed patient. Again, these are my own recommendations and opinions based on what has worked for me. Each patient is different and needs to do what works best for them.
WHERE TO START? WHERE TO GO?
- BREATHE! YOU WILL BE OKAY! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOUR A FIGHTING TIGER!
- GET THE RIGHT TESTS DONE. I advise a western blot test next to your basic Lyme panel test. I also suggest doing a Co-infections test to check for secondary infections that mimic Lyme. I recommend a test done by Global Lyme Diagnostics LINK HERE: http://www.glymedx.com and also Igenex Labs. For Secondary infections /Co Infections I would recommend FRY Labs.
- CALL A LYME LITERATE MD OR LYME ND immediately! Do not go to a doctor that does not specialize in Lyme and claims he or she can treat you. The fact is, if they don’t specialize in it, they will not get you on the right track. I seek help at a clinic in Edmonds, WA called Holistic Healing Arts.http://www.holistichealingarts.org I am under the care of a very knowledgeable Lyme Literate Naturopathic doctor. I also have a MD in my local town that is also versed in Lyme that I see as well.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF! Go to: www.Ilads.org International Lyme and Associated Diseases web site.
- Join a Support group online or look for one in your town. There are many that I am a part of and we all learn from each other and share. On Facebook I would start with: Lyme Disease Support Group
- A great Doctor that knows the ins and outs of Lyme himself is Dr. Rawls. He has a lot of great information on getting well. Go to: http://rawlsmd.com